Friday, September 25, 2009

Empty Box from Amsterdam

My boxes arrived.  The one with all my bulbs was completely empty.  I purchased "uncertified" bulbs again this year, as I did last year.  I guess I didn't get away with it this time.  The only difference in them is that the bulb producers have to pay an exorbitant fee to the FDA inspector to "certify" bulbs, so they limit the # of bulbs that get certified due to the expense.  Naturally, I wanted the huge amaryllis bulbs that were not certified (along with some very cool black calla lilies).  It was a rather expensive lesson.
The great thing is that Tim's books, my awesome mulberry bark, and my sack of dried water chestnuts got here-yay!  Photos will be coming in the near-future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Please drop me a line!