Thursday, September 3, 2009

Amsterdam Day 2: Rijksmuseum

Tim waits in line to enter the Rijksmuseum, a gargoyle downspout awaits the next downpour

people crowd around Vermeer's "The Milkmaid"
Today was a rainy, windy day in Amsterdam.  I loved every second of it.  I think it is due to having more than 50 consecutive days of temperatures over 100 degrees in San Antonio prior to coming here.
Bundled in my waterproof anorak, pashmina shawl, waterproof backpack, and umbrella, I was good to go!
We were disappointed that the renovations continue at the Riksmuseum so only a small portion of it is open.  I thought it was scheduled to reopen this fall.  We noted that there is now a large crane on the grounds, which is new from last year.  We enjoyed the museum as much as we did last year.  
After leaving the museum we took the tram back to Waterloosplein and the Rembrandt House.  The second half of our afternoon was a tour of this amazing place.  Photos follow on the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Please drop me a line!