Sunday, March 22, 2009

pathway with birdbath

Indian Hawthorne in bloom

Living Stone succulent embedded into a limestone boulder

Texas Mountain Laurel in bloom (smells exactly like grape koolaid-no kidding!)

This time of year, I'm in the garden constantly.  I relish my morning stroll through the garden to see what has grown and changed from the previous observation.  This morning there are more roses in bloom, the Hawthorne shrubs have opened up even more.  The bees love them, even if they don't smell that fragrant to me.  My small bed of wildflowers is loaded with bluebonnets.  This may be one of the only places I'll see them this spring, as they are sparse along the roadsides.  My Living Stones (totally bizarre-looking plants) are blooming!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Please drop me a line!