Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Goings On....

Greetings!  I've been happily working away in my studio and realized I haven't written in a while.
Here is what I've been up to:
I presented lectures to both the San Antonio Fiber Artist guild and the Austin Fiber Artists.
Here are some of the Austin Fiber Artists prior to the meeting.

Members looked at several of the quilts I brought along.

Look who returned home?!
Amsterdam Alley is about to go to its new owner, but not before I block it again.
It is a bit rumpled from shipping.

I decided to finish this small wallhanging.
I was gifted with a San Antonio Mod Guild Charter member block.

I had fun putting borders on and quilting it.


Finished!

The "Juice Box" is on the way to Telluride with a painting.
My husband has a film in the festival!

Here is a quilt top that I began several months ago.
It had a structural problem and I finally corrected it.

The beginnings of another quilt using the beautiful Cherrywood hand-dyed fabrics.
Just yummy!

Here is the quilt top.  Negative space is Robert Kaufman Essex (linen cotton blend)

And the back.  This is Robert Kaufman chambray cotton.

Tomorrow I leave for Telluride and I'll try(!) to post about the experience of being at the film festival.
It all depends on internet access!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Please drop me a line!