Saturday, October 17, 2009

Saturday's postcard workshop @ Make-It-University



Student Postcards from the Saturday class


Students discuss their printing techniques during the postcard
workshop in Make-It-University Houston



Four friends show their finished postcards.
Yay!

"Wish You Were Here:  A Postcard From Houston" is a mark-making workshop disguised as a postcard
workshop.  My goal was to introduce students to a few techniques for creating unique marks on the surface of both cloth and paper by monoprinting on gelatin plates, creating rubbings, stamping, and script.  These unique creations were subsequently cut and collaged together, then fused to create a unique construction.  Each participant wrote themselves a message on the back of their card.
Thanks to all my students:  you were awesome!  Keep playing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Please drop me a line!