Thursday, May 26, 2011

In Memorium

Priscilla Tucker & friend (circa 1951)

Today would have been my older sister's 64th birthday.  She died in March, 2001.
It is interesting how these things sneak up on me sometimes.  Last night I commented to my husband that I had been thinking about my sister more than the normal amount in the last few days, as I miss discussing books with her.  She was a librarian and a voracious reader.  She read cookbooks like others read novels.   This is a habit I acquired from her.  A Type One diabetic since age 10, her last years were difficult.
I miss her every single day, but some days more than others.  Today is one of those.
Priscilla and I
(circa 1957)


5 comments:

  1. Oh, Leslie, I am so sorry for your loss. Yes, the years roll by, but those we love stay in our hearts like a movie still running, flickering in the dark, even when the theatre is empty. Then on any given day the flickering of the memories catches the corner of our eye, & the love & the loss are still there.
    Here is a hope, wish and prayer for you that the love will shine its bright light & soften your loss again. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Skye. Truly, I'm okay. The day is bittersweet, as these days are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leslie, what a lovely memorial you wrote for your sister. Sweet pictures, and sweet memories.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers! Please drop me a line!