Thursday, April 28, 2011

Jamie Fingal wins (again)!

I am delighted to report that Jamie Fingal has won the Grand Prize for her quilt in the Alliance For American Quilts contest.  Jamie is my close friend and teaching partner, the other half of "Dinner@8 Artists", the umbrella under which we co-curate art quilt exhibitions.  Jamie and I frequently have email

"coffee breaks".  This little quilt sums up the joy of our virtual exchanges, and in a more general sense it celebrates the deep connection of women to their friends.  
Congratulations, Jamie!  The following is an excerpt from her blog:


"Soul Sisters" Grand Prize Winner!!


"Soul Sisters" is the Grand Prize Winner for the Alliance of American Quilts!!!  Second Year in a Row to win!  I didn't think it could happen!  I am so honored and completely overwhelmed by this award!  Thank you to everyone who voted for my art quilt.  I am over the moon about it!  

"Soul Sisters" is all about the friendship of two women who enjoy a 'coffee break' from time to time via e-mail.  There is nothing like good friends to pour your heart out to.  I am celebrating my good friend, and teaching partner, co-curatorfoodie, and maven of joy and laughter  -Leslie Tucker Jenison!  Here's to women friends!
16" Square; made with Commercial cottons, Hoffman Batiks and Mistyfused onto blended wool felt, hand painted, stenciled, free motion machine quilted , with a variety of colorful buttons hand sewn on, and the edge was finished with a hand sewn blanket stitch.  Rebel Quilter - no batting, no binding, no fabric backing
Detail of Red
Detail of me
My Inspiration was this photograph of Leslie Tucker Jenison and me -all ready for MIU's Surviving the Runway at the International Quilt Festival in Long Beach 2010.  We have fun wherever we go!

1 comment:

I love to hear from my readers! Please drop me a line!