Sunday, November 22, 2009

Observations

Here are a few things I've been looking at:  ornamentation and intervals of birds sitting on power lines:


chair arm



...and foot

I caught sight of a throng of birds while sitting at a stoplight today, near twilight:






I missed life-drawing last week because of a migraine.  Here are two drawings from the previous week:


this is a 3-minute drawing



...and this is a 5-minute drawing

Last week it seemed like the shorter drawings were more correctly proportioned than the 10 & 15 minute ones.

2 comments:

  1. I just bought myself a Pentel Pocket Brush Pen. Thick and thin lines, here I come. Nice drawings. It is difficult to work with proportion. I think I tend to like detailed, longer poses but would like to work on gestural drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like longer poses, too, but think the gestural poses challenge me in a good way. Let me know what you think of the Pentel brush pen. I've never used one.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers! Please drop me a line!