Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Prepping for Long Beach

What fun I am having!  I arrived in California last Friday and spent the weekend with my aunt and uncle in Lakewood.  Sunday evening I drove back to Orange to stay with my dear friend, Jamie.

Today was spent at her studio:  Jamie was photographed and interviewed by a photography student from the Brooks Institute while she worked.  I painted and stamped a bunch of fabric in preparation for use during Open Studios at the Long Beach festival.  

After dinner we plan to return to the studio and continue work on the "Make-It-University" 60's-style aprons we plan to wear when we teach.  Since this year marks the 40th anniversary of the peace-sign, I believe it is safe to say that this may crop up here and there at the Quilting Arts booth!  More later......

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Please drop me a line!