Sunday, February 10, 2013

Sew Excited!

QuiltCon is around the corner, and I'm sew excited to share that my quilt, "Fifty Shades of Groovy", has been juried into the Improvisational category.  I hope to see some of you in Austin!  Please drop me a line and let me know if you will be there!  I would truly love to meet some of folks who follow the blog.
dimensions 87.5 x 63.5

detail
longarm quilted by Danielle Wilkes

And, drumroll, please.........I'll be teaching a workshop entitled "Fifty Shades of Groovy" this fall at the International Quilt Festival in Houston!  This workshop will incorporate your own layer cake or set of pre-cut squares.  You can bring a pre-cut stack or make your own.  We will use a jellyroll of neutrals and other pre-cut neutrals to create our quilt tops.  This will be fun!  I hope you can join me.  Class sign up will begin in August.  Check the Quilts, Inc. website frequently for more info!

I will also be teaching a fun and fabulous class with my partner-in-crime, Jamie Fingal!  We will offer
"Painting With A Twist & Shout", which I can tell you is a rollicking fun workshop!  More info about this crazy-fun workshop will be on the Dinner At Eight blog shortly.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, congratulations, Leslie, on both counts! I'll be at QuiltCon with friends on Thursday and Friday, I'll look for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, Linda! It would be great to connect in Austin. I can't believe we live in the same town and never see one another. We always have to do it when we are someplace else. What's wrong with this picture?!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers! Please drop me a line!