Monday, February 18, 2013

On/Off Fred Road Studio Tour & A Peek At The New Art Cloth Studio Digs

This weekend was the 6th annual On/Off Fred Road Studio Tour.  Each year the tour seems to pick up momentum with more studios participating and more visitors to the tour.  Since Art Cloth Studios is about to move into its new location it seemed like a great opportunity to open the space and meet some of the neighbors!  Although the new wet studio is unfinished (but close!) it was a fun weekend with great weather so a lot of people came to check it out.
New screened porch just outside the kitchen door

Friends greet one another (new wet studio in background)
The kitchen (completely remodeled)

From the kitchen, the copy-area
This room has a flexible use.  Miki Rodriguez 
chats with a visitor.  The door to her left is a dining and/or media area.

The main room has a flexible use.  Three design panels grace one wall.
This room has been used for critique sessions, meetings, and more.
The new wet studio, still under construction.
Much more to come!

This is the area to the right of the doorway (above)

The large area will house the print table(s).
Design walls run the length of the far wall.

One of the best things about hanging out this weekend was the opportunity to meet so many of the neighbors, who have watched the transformation of the house and new studio building.  Jane Dunnewold has envisioned a lovely space to make art, and it has come to fruition!  My husband dropped by Sunday afternoon and really enjoyed seeing how different it looks at this stage compared to early in the restoration.  He commented that it seems like a great "woman cave".   I think it is a great "artist cave", if you will.  The big question is:  who is going to make the first smudge in that new space?  Not me, I hope!  Or should I say, "Oh me, me, ME"!

Once the kinks are worked out in the new spaces the class schedule will go live.  Stay tuned:  It is going to be great!!





8 comments:

  1. Wow, you're fast! I was fast asleep when I got home last night! Thanks for posting the pics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I was tired, too, but figured I should get this post up so people could take a look at the studio. I'm heading to Austin tomorrow and it would have been a week before I would manage it if not last night!

      Delete
  2. Sorry I couldn't make it by there this weekend. Hope to see it (and you) soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will make a date of it, Linda, and I'll take you over there for a tour. I look forward to it.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like San Antonio is the place to be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kay, one of the biggest/best surprises was discovering what a hot-bed of surface design activity San Antonio is. I did not know this would be a bonus of moving here, but I am so happy about it!

      Delete
  4. This looks like an absolutely WONDERFUL space. How many people will share it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The studio is owned by Jane Dunnewold. In addition to Jane there will be a few other artists offering workshops there, once the dust has settled and everything is up and running. It is going to be fantastic!

      Delete

I love to hear from my readers! Please drop me a line!