Monday, January 24, 2011

Beautiful words in difficult times




Elizabeth A posted this excerpt on Melanie Testa's blog this morning.  It seems to me that the word illness could be substituted with many others and remain relevant.  I thought the words were so perfect that I am sharing it again here:
When the reverberations of shock subside in you,
May grace come to restore you to balance.
May it shape a new space in your heart
To embrace this illness as a teacher
Who has come to open your life to new worlds.




10 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I love the part about shaping a new place in your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and so touching since I am a widow. Thank you for sharing !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristy, I can certainly see how this would resonate. It seems to capture the essence of optimism, in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leslie,
    You are doing a wonderful thing by letting us know about Melanie. Lisa Chipetine is also collecting healing headwear - so I've mailed my silks to her. Positive thinking is the absolute best medicine - let's hope all the positives the textile community can give Melanie, will help her.
    Chimo, Jennifer Cooper

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful words and images. Thank you for sharing, I so enjoy Melly's Blog. Sad news indeed but I know first hand that there are many positive lights of hope out there! A diagnosis today is much different than a diagnosis many years ago. We'll band together, send positive energy and love her way throughout it all and all will be well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, we will band together to support her. We will respect her privacy but support her in any way we can. That what friends are for.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Leslie, how blessed Melanie is to have you for a friend!
    Martha Ginn

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers! Please drop me a line!