Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The Sketchbook Challenge!


So, you want to start keeping a sketchbook but every time you sit down with your book in front of you and pencil in hand you freeze up and just can't seem to get started.  Wouldn't it be helpful to get a glimpse inside another artist's sketchbook and see how they use theirs?  Well, you are in luck because help is on the way!  I'm excited to tell you that I have been invited to join an amazing group of artists in The Sketchbook Challenge.  The Sketchbook Challenge is a new project launching on 1/1/11.  Follow along with us as we fill our sketchbooks based on a monthly theme that will be announced on the first of each month.
You will be sketching alongside:
Jill Berry
Sue Bleiweiss
Laura Cater-Woods
Jane Davies
Jamie Fingal
Judi Hurwitt
myself
Lyric Kinard
Jane LaFazio
Kelli Perkins
Carol Sloan
Carla Sonheim
Susan Sorrell
Melanie Testa
Diana Trout
Violette

Each month we'll announce a new theme on the blog and will be showing images from our sketchbooks
and talking about the intention/inspiration behind them.  We hope to inspire our followers to keep sketchbooks of your own.  Please visit the blog for more details, as well as to pick up a badge for your own blog.  We hope our followers will post comments on our blog, as well as images on your blogs of your pages.  Along the way we will be doing some giveaways and special offers!  I hope you will join us!

7 comments:

  1. I love it... I am going to do it. I have never sketched other than to sketch out designs for my art quilts,never just to sketch.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm glad you will be joining us! I think this will be a great way to start off the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you join if you don't have a blog? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Divagirl, I don't see why not. There is a Flickr site which will allow people to upload images and follow along. We want you to do it! There are no blog requirements at all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay Leslie. I'm down for this. Now where and how do I join? I looked around at some of the links and cannot find a JOIN button. Please advise and thanks/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Leslie, I didn't know you were a texas girl. I was born in Nacagdoches and raised in Victoria. Now live in California. Is there still a Sakowitz at Northstar Mall????

    ReplyDelete
  7. Divagirl. I'm a "naturalized" texan: I grew up in Kansas and moved to SA just over 13 years ago. I don't know if there is a Sakowitz @ NS Mall: I'll be honest and tell you I haven't been in there in years!
    I recommend you follow along with the Sketchbook project one or two (or both!) ways: we have a blog dedicated to the Project, and I will be posting regularly about it here on my blog. Either way, you can comment and follow along. We also have a Flickr site that we will be encouraging people to upload images to.
    If you look on the right-hand column you will see a link to the Sketchbook Challenge blog. Glad you are in!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers! Please drop me a line!