Monday, January 25, 2010

Iowa winter

The view from the front door of my in-laws' home in Iowa
Serious winter storm today...

This morning, my brother-in-law made Swedish pancakes and sausage for breakfast.  The family sat around the table and visited while watching the ever-increasing amount of snow/wind outside.
I keep thinking how much I enjoy watching a winter storm as long as I'm inside and not dealing with scraping windshields or shoveling snow from the sidewalk!  Frankly, I don't miss those activities at all.
Still, there is something magical about a winter storm.  I love how muted the sound is outside.

The balloons are still hanging in there from yesterday's birthday celebration!


Still tied to the front porch rail, these are hardy balloons!



My daughter spends a quiet moment with her grandmother.
The family-time together is very precious to us all.


1 comment:

I love to hear from my readers! Please drop me a line!