Saturday, June 13, 2009

A Day of Kansas Perfection

The beautiful Flint Hills of Chase County, Kansas
and site of 2009 "Symphony in the Flint Hills"
The temporary shell housing the Kansas City Symphony
situated in the natural amphitheater setting

The crowd gathers for the concert

My friend, Billie, managed to secure tickets for the Symphony in the Flint Hills, a unique event that is located in a different setting each year in the beautiful Flint Hills.  This year the concert was in Chase County on a private ranch, miles off the nearest highway.  
The concert began at 6:30 in the evening, finishing just before twilight.  Sitting in this place, in a region I feel a deep connection to, listening to gorgeous music under the big Kansas sky, was pretty close to perfect.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Please drop me a line!