Sunday, March 1, 2009

What a week it has been!  I was able to convince my dear friend, Jamie Fingal, to fly from Cleveland after her taping on Quilting Arts TV to my home in San Antonio.  We had time for a brief visit before we drove to La Grange and the Open House/Open Studio tour to honor Virginia Spiegal and Carole Moore.  
Jamie and I had great fun together, and it was a joy to show her a bit of my city.  Of course, there wasn't enough time, but we made the most of what we had.
The drive over to La Grange was lovely, and our day at Karey Bresenhan's Franch was wonderful.
Over 70 artists gathered to spend the day (and, for some of us, the night) at the Creativity Center.
Viewing Virginia and Carole's work created during the AIR was inspiring.  I even took a hayrack ride with Iris Karp!  The property is lovely, and the first signs of Texas spring were visible:  a handful of Bluebonnets and Indian Paintbrush were spotted in the meadow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Please drop me a line!