Friday, March 6, 2009

Here is another shot of the gallery:  this area will be devoted to the 4 members, with frequent rotation of work.  Each month another member will have larger pieces mixed with the smaller framed work.  By frequent rotation of this area we hope to keep the gallery fresh and interesting.  I admit that I was quite skeptical about how well this area would function as gallery space.  It just seemed too narrow to allow good visibility.  Last night another artist who was visiting noted that, due to the intimate size of the work, it is preferable to be "up close and personal" with the pieces.  Hmmmm.  Point taken.  People seemed to love the little surprises that can be found around the corner from the main area.  So, it just goes to show that I don't know what I'm talking about when it comes to useful space!  I'm glad I'm wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Please drop me a line!