Monday, March 23, 2009

Modifying a quilted surface

larger view of surface with paint and (previously painted) Misty Fuse

small amount of Stewart Gill paint applied to surface

Misty Fuse, painted with Golden liquid acrylic paint, torn into rough-edged layers and fused to surface over paint.

I'm working on a small abstract landscape.  In trying to create a horizon with thread, I decided that some paint (eek!) and painted Misty Fuse might help create the line I am after.  I intend to quilt the surface more extensively where the paint and fusible have been applied, but decided to stop and photograph the progression of steps.  Prior to this, I admit to being hesitant about applying paint to a surface that has been extensively quilted (a little voice in my head saying, "What if you mess it up after all that work/time....then what?")  I am trying to shut the voice up and forge ahead.  What's the worst thing that can happen?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Please drop me a line!