Saturday, August 21, 2010

Preparation for the Artist Faire at CREATE in Chicago

In addition to creating a number of small mixed-media pieces, I have been dyeing and printing both fabric and t-shirt knit (both standard and tissue weight) scarves.  Here are a few images:
I'm wearing a tissue-knit scarf that is 25 inches wide by 125 inches long!
It is soft, lightweight, and oh-so-yummy

this is another scarf made from standard weight t-shirt knit.
It has been screen printed with a dragonfly image.

For as much dyeing as I did, this doesn't look like a big yield!
Each piece of gorgeous cloth is one-half yard.
This cloth started out as white Kaufman "Radiance", which is half silk, half cotton.
It has a lovely hand, and really looks like silk charmeuse.
For quilt makers, the true beauty of this cloth is that it handles like cotton:  none of that skittery slipperiness that accompanies sewing with silk (or is that just me?).

Here are rolled bundles of bamboo batting (in the foreground) and more lovely scarves.

If you can see the background of these shots of the remains of my studio, my apologies.  I have SUCH a mess in here right now!  Staging all the supplies needed for teaching at CREATE, selling at the artist faire, taking a workshop at the retreat, and then traveling on to Cleveland to tape several episodes of Quilting Arts Television has been daunting, to say the least.  I have torn this place apart.  When I return, I vow to take time and re-organize this work space.  Really.  I mean it this time.  No, seriously.

Jamie and I still have a few slots available in each of our workshops.  Please drop everything and come to Chicago!  Cloth Paper Scissors CREATE retreat


1 comment:

  1. The colors are so beautiful. I can't wait to see them in person. We will have a great time through all of our adventures!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers! Please drop me a line!