Saturday, August 22, 2009

Julie & Julia

I have been looking forward to this movie for some time. I saw it yesterday, and I absolutely loved it! It probably matters whether or not you like to cook (I do). I liked how the movie jumped back and forth between the lives of the two women. The set for Julia's early years in Paris was luscious. I want that car! I want to live in that Paris apartment!

I ordered her first cookbook from amazon, and intend to take it out for a few spins in the kitchen.
I am currently reading the book, "The Sharper the Knife, the Less You Cry", by Kathleen Flinn, about a woman who loses her job and decides to enroll in Le Cordon Bleu cooking school in Paris (Julia Child's alma mater). A perfect accompaniment to the movie!
Mastering The Art of French Cooking, Volume One (1) (Vol 1)The Sharper Your Knife, the Less You Cry: Love, Laughter, and Tears in Paris at the World's Most Famous Cooking School [SHARPER YOUR KNIFE THE LES]


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Please drop me a line!