Wednesday, August 5, 2009

A Garden update

This retaining wall is located just outside my studio window

Studio window on left edge of photo, this shot 
looks back toward the house

My newly landscaped garden is doing well despite the horrific heat and drought.  I have been very pleased with my new "dry creek bed" garden area.  Throughout the spring I had a multitude of bulbs and enjoyed my new Japanese maple tree.  The bird bath is a very popular
place, as are the numerous feeders.  Tim and I sit on the patio and have our morning coffee while observing the Lesser Goldfinches eat thistle from both the feeder and the dried coneflower pods, which I left deliberately for just such activity.  The black-chinned hummingbirds have been numerous.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Please drop me a line!