Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Open Studios and D@8 Artists Dinner

I worked in Open Studios for Quilting Arts Magazine twice during the Long Beach festival.  I love working in Open Studios because it is a great opportunity to interact with show attendees and demonstrate something that might catch their interest.  I love answering questions and hope that, just maybe, some of the people that shop by will try something they have seen in OS.  
I worked on fusing cloth to a felt apron "blank" the first day, then I continued by sewing things into place during the 2nd session.
Jamie Fingal and I worked on our projects in Open Studios

sewing away on my apron!
I'm creating another sample for our "Aprons As Personal Armor" workshop
to be taught in CREATE! Chicago.  Please join us!

Here is some of my "loot" purchased from vendors at festival....

We hosted a dinner for juried artists in "The Space Between" D@8 exhibition,
which debuted in Long Beach.  The artists took time to sign each other's exhibition catalogs.
It was a wonderful evening!

I will post more photos of events before, during, and after festival after I catch my breath.  Stay tuned!

3 comments:

  1. loved seeing the loot and work at the conference. SO sorry I will miss you all at CREATE -- it just wasn't in the book this year to get my act together! Let's get together for tea, lunch or wine when you get home for a breather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that fabric in you loot photo!! Such fun to see the photos from a GREAT festival!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that Kaufman fabric! Total love!
    Susie, unless I have to leave town quickly because of a family-issue I will be around until the 24th. Let's figure this out. Too long!
    I would have come to the meeting this am but I was stuck in limbo between here and NYC! Ugh.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers! Please drop me a line!