Wednesday, August 17, 2011

An Evening at City Quilter for the AAQ!

I love City Quilter in New York!  If you are in Manhattan, this is a fantastic place to visit.  They have recently expanded their space and now have the only gallery that exclusively features fiber/quilt art in the city.  We were treated to an amazing solo exhibition of Noriko Endo's Naturescape quilts.
Walking through the gallery into the shop.
This is one-half of their space.  They also have a large classroom
with lots of Bernina 440 QE machines!
A contest and silent auction of AAQ Board members' quilts was held during the event.
The winner was top center:  Luke Haynes!  
My quilt, "Empire State of Mind", is on the lower left, and went to a good home!
Posing with Jay McCarroll, winner of Season One Project Runway
His earlier attempt at styling my hair was lost during the rainy walk between events.
Sorry, Jay!







2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the info! I will go there next time I'm in Manhattan. My daughter lives in upstate NY, so I do get to go there from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish this was "my" little quilt shop. I just loved it! When you go be sure to check out their own line of NYC fabrics. I just loved them, so I came home with some (just what I needed!).
    Where does your daughter live?
    I have one in school at SUNY Purchase, near White Plains.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers! Please drop me a line!