Friday, August 19, 2011

Moos and Doodles

gouche & marker on paper treated with absorbent ground

As part of the Sketchbook Project (this is the one out of Brooklyn that uses 5x7 moleskin journals) my 2011 theme is "The Writing On The Wall".  I took my journal to New York and worked on a few pages, or at least, started them, during our board meetings.  I find that my level of concentration and retention of information is heightened when I am drawing or doodling.  The theme of my 2011 journal allows me to continue my fascination with graffiti and doodling, all in one.
text printed onto cloth, gouche, Sakura pens, markers

canvas monoprinted with acrylic paint, Sakura pens

I love making Moo business cards.  It is such fun to upload digital images of artwork and other crazy things, and people seem to love them.  While I was hanging out with members of the NY Metro Mod Guild during their sew-in at City Quilter, one of the participants wanted to play with the cards so we laid them out on her work table.  These cards include photographs as well as details of artwork.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Please drop me a line!