Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Susan "Lucky" Shie's "featured artist" exhibition @ IQF Cincinnati


Susan (aka "Lucky") Shie is a textile artist with a unique style.  She refers to her work as "outsider art quilts":  telling her stories in written words and images with paint, textiles, stitch, and embellishment.  Lucky was interviewed last year prior to her special exhibition at the Festival of Quilts, Birmingham, England.  The interview is worth the time, as it acquaints us with the evolution of her work.  I was very fortunate to have the opportunity to meet Lucky in Cincinnati for the first time.  She was teaching just around the corner from Jamie and I!  We visited her classroom and observed what her students produced in the workshop (WOW).  Meeting Lucky Shie was one of the many high points of my Cincinnati experience!
Here are a few photos from the exhibition at the festival.   You can purchase a deck of her kitchen tarot cards, as seen in one of the following images, via amazon.

a portion of Lucky's kitchen tarot deck was prominently displayed for 
people to interact with in her exhibit 




Susan Shie's very "lucky" students pose with her after their workshop!

Susan Shie, Jamie Fingal, and myself

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Please drop me a line!