Sunday, November 3, 2013

Your Heart & Intuition....


My dear friend Karen sends a lovely e-newsletter every week called "Self Care".  I saw this in my box when I returned home from Houston and the International Quilt Festival and thought this was  appropriate to share after being around all the artistic talent housed inside the George R Brown convention center.
If you are interested in more of Karen's Self Care tips click here for the link to sign up.

There has been radio silence from me due to some technical problems with my computer while I was away (frustrating!).  I'll try to catch up on some of the things that have been happening, so stay tuned.
Here is Karen's post.  While I believe it applies to everyone, artists need to pay attention to this message as it relates to their work:

Your Heart and Intuition  

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary."                                                                                                              -Steve  Jobs

It's been more than two years since the world lost the treasure that was Steve Jobs. He was a creative genius, a visionary, and above all
 , a wise and compassionate man. He had much to teach us. Of all the quotes posted on the internet around the time of his death, I like the above.

So many times our own inner voice is drowned out by others; our loved ones', our friends, our leaders, or even people we don't know who shout their views through the media. Faced with the volume and amount of opinions of others, we often lose our confidence in our own values, beliefs, ideals and ideas.

Self care is about trusting, listening to, and honoring your heart and your intuition. The next time you doubt yourself, think of Steve Jobs and his courage to listen to his inner voice.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Please drop me a line!