Monday, July 23, 2012

California Road Trip: Los Angeles and a Baby Shower!




For the past several days my focus has been on helping my friend Karen, her daughter, and son-in-law prepare the nursery as well as get ready for the baby shower.
Many trips to IKEA for furniture and curtains, Babies R Us for  changing pad, sheets, and a few other supplies, and things were shaping up!
Karen sits on the nursery floor feeling her granddaughter kicking

Yesterday was spent printing fun "lemony" images onto tea towels, which were wrapped around Carley's homemade Meyer Lemon Marmalade for take-home gifts.

Today was the long-awaited baby shower, and it was so much fun!
Carley made wonderful cupcakes, pie pops, and cookies

Shower guests wrote a note to the baby, and signed die-cut flowers with fabric pens.
I am taking the flowers home and using them to embellish a quilt!


Alissa gets ready to open her gifts
This is one of my baby gifts:  an infant cap (found on Etsy) that resembles a boob.
I love this so much!



The first of two beautiful quilts!

Here is the redwork quilt that Carley made for Alissa.
(Carley poses with Alissa)

Her wonderful friends, many of whom are members of the Los Angeles Modern Quilt Guild, made the most wonderful things.  The baby received lovely handmade sweaters, hats, and adorable clothing.  
I had to throw Harvey Karp's wonderful dvd into the mix.  
Carley's mother generously offered her beautiful home as the setting for the shower.  In the process of preparing for the event, I made another friend.  
Jamie came up from Orange on the train, so after I reluctantly said farewell to Carley & Roz, Karen, Alissa, & Micah, I drove south to Jamie's house for phase three of the California adventure:  preparing for the International Quilt Festival in Long Beach.  In just a few days our newest exhibition, "Rituals", will debut at the show.  I can hardly wait to see these quilts "in person"!  Stay tuned!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Please drop me a line!