Saturday, December 31, 2011

A fun and funky gift

I decided to give each of my daughters a cooking apron adorned with a drawing turned into a thermofax screen.  These were very well-received by the girls and so easy to make.
The first two images were drawings made from old photos, and the third image was created from a drawing made by one of my youngest daughter's friends in honor of her 21st birthday.
The oldest, on a swing at her grandparents' house (age 4)

Daughter #2, bucket on her head (age 2)

The youngest (right) with her friend

After burning the screen, paper is removed, edges taped.
The taped screen can be stabilized inside a frame or simple stabilized on the edge by hand.

2 comments:

  1. What a clever idea! I've been meaning to sew an apron for my daughter, too, but haven't figured out what direction to take yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun! I'll be interested to know what you decide to do.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers! Please drop me a line!