Sunday, March 13, 2011

Modern Quilt Guild Event At Luminaria!

Luminaria is San Antonio's celebration of arts and artists.  This year the San Antonio Modern Quilt Guild participated in the action with a working "performance art" piece about how to construct a quilt.  Laurie Brainerd was the organizer of MCQSA's participation in Luminaria.  She invited me to participate in the free motion quilting during the 2nd portion of the evening.
my "credentials"
here I am, wearing my "credentials", prior to leaving the house 
(scissors in one hand, dog in the other).  Dog stayed home.
Posing with Carrie Beltran
people walking by.
We had an amazing number of people observing our work.
I was interviewed by a woman from Artists Magazine!
Backlit by the weird round lights
Shift over, I am tired but happy!  Fun!






1 comment:

  1. I've always wanted to sew outdoors! Looks like a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers! Please drop me a line!