Monday, March 7, 2011

Barbara Brackman presents a wonderful program at Moda Fabrics

Barbara Brackman is a quilt historian, writer, as well as a fabric designer at Moda.  And, she is from Lawrence, Kansas, where I was born!  She is a treasure, and I regret that I missed the opportunity to know her while I was still living in Kansas, but I am so happy I met her last weekend in Dallas.  She is a wealth of information about historic textiles, and a charming and funny speaker.  I was fortunate to hear her present to the AAQ board as well as a program about researching and documenting antique textiles, and listen to her being interviewed for Quilters:  Save Our Stories.
Barbara began her presentation with a look into a swatchbook from 1835 that was acquired by Mark Dunn 
Her investigation and documentation of the cloth designers was 
fascinating!
Mark shows members of the AAQ board another swatch book.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Please drop me a line!