Friday, November 6, 2009

More Life Drawing & a couple of tiny watercolors

It was such a beautiful day that I decided to take my sweet little Etsy-purchased Strikebook made with watercolor paper outside and start a couple of paintings.  One is finished and one is in-progress.  The book pages are 3 inches x 4 inches.  It is such a cute little book!
A pot of aloe vera with two tin-punch luminaria



Bright Lights Chard
(unfinished)



My daughter and I went back to the Coppini Academy Thursday evening to do another life-drawing session.
This was another round of short poses:  15 1-minute, 10 3-minute, 5 5-minute, one 10-minute, and one 15-minute.  The model was really good because he presented some very challenging poses.  I stuck with charcoal on all but one pose.  I'm still trying to decide which tool I prefer for the quick poses.
Here are a few examples of my work from this session:

1-minute pose

3-minute pose

3-minute



10-minute
(drawn over clear gessoed paper...don't ask me why cause I couldn't tell you!)

After we left Coppini we went home, changed, and went to the gym and did 45-minutes of cardio.
We felt pretty self-righteous afterward!



4 comments:

  1. Love your watercolors! Are those pattern pieces on your last drawing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. I've been doing some mixed-media using an old, unloved pattern.
    I found it quite difficult to draw over the clear gesso, so I will try again with a top coat of gel medium next time.
    Remember that one of Judy's EC blocks has a piece of pattern paper on it? It is a nice, thin layer that fuses well, too! The possibilities are endless.
    Thanks for your kind words about the little watercolors. I had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Leslie, your watercolors are wonderful, and I'm so envious of your life-drawing classes! Thanks for posting for us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know....you can avail yourself of these classes: no pre-enrollment is required. The coppini academy offers them 2xweekly in the evening. You simply pay a $7 per class fee.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers! Please drop me a line!