Sunday, August 30, 2009

White Plains

The first thing I noticed when we arrived into Westchester County Airport yesterday evening was the dramatic change in climate.  Upstate New York has had a mild, rainy summer and it shows everywhere in the green leafiness of the place.  Cloudy and cool, it was a shock to the senses after our hot and arid home environment.

I find myself somewhat melancholy.  It may be harder, in some ways, to say goodbye to her this time when we leave.  Last year I was so relieved that she was excited and doing well as we arrived at Purchase that it was easier than I expected to say farewell to her.  This time, it feels like it may be more difficult, at least for me.  We'll see. She is happy to be coming back to school, happy to reunite with all her friends.  My hope is that her enthusiasm carries all of us through the transition.

We are getting a late start on the move-in to the dorm.  I woke up with the beginnings of a migraine which I hope to squelch before I do anything else.

1 comment:

  1. I have heard from more than one person that when they leave, as our daughters are, going back to school - that it is harder for us to say goodbye this time. I feel for you. You know that she will be fine, in her dorm, with her friends, and within the comfort zone of her circle. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers! Please drop me a line!