Saturday, September 12, 2015

Late August/September happenings.

Despite the crazy travel schedule I have had this year I really have been able to produce some work.  Here are a few images of life as I have seen it through garden discoveries, beautiful vistas in places I love, and quilts.
Beautiful cicada (I think) wing found in the garden at home.

A wonderful retreat with my SA Mod Quilt Guild friends in Kerrville TX.

Making my curator's piece for the upcoming installation of "What's For Dinner?"
which will be shown at the International Quilt Festival in Houston.
Here is the beautiful cross-stitch embroidery of my Bernina 750QE.  This is the edge of my 
dinner "plate".

A view of my place-setting for "What's For Dinner?".

Quilting my piece, "Bright Light On the Edge of the Horizon" for Oasis,
a regional SAQA exhibition to debut in Palm Springs, CA.

Putting the facing on the quilt....

A trip to Kansas to help a friend who is having surgery.  We drove out into the Flint Hills the day before.  I have a deep connection to this part of the country.

A field of ripe sunflowers.  Gorgeous day in Kansas!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Please drop me a line!