Wednesday, December 31, 2014

A Peek Back at 2014, Part One

I love to reflect on some of the highlights of the year and this one has been a doosey (is that a word?).
So, let's go....
January...
New Years Day... making pizza in the wood oven despite it still being a construction site.

A beautiful wedding on 1/5 in Los Angeles.
Working on a quilt for a show deadline.

To Palm Springs for the film festival.   My friends Jeannie and Mike Moore joined us.


The annual independent study at Art Cloth Studios in mid-January.

making a mess to make.....


this bundle of yummy.

February......

Valentine's Day at the Dorchester Hotel in London.



 Prepping for the BAFTA Awards ceremony
Big Night.
We lost.
Still a big night.

I taped The Quilt Show, with Ricky Tims and Alex Anderson.
They did a road trip through Texas and we taped at the home of 
a dear friend of mine.  Such fun!



Constructed another improvisational quilt.
This one is called "Thoroughly Mondrian Millie"

The work continues on the outdoor kitchen....
March:
I traveled to Fort Smith, Arkansas, to teach a workshop and give a lecture
at the Bell Point Quilt Guild


April:
Finished constructing two large quilt tops and backs at the 
spring annual retreat of the San Antonio Modern Quilt Guild.  Yay!

 I made a two-sided hexi quilt out of my friend Melly Testa's new fabric 
line called "Meadowlark" by Windham.  Such gorgeous fabric!


I did a lot of Kantha-style stitching on sheers.  
Unfortunately, I lost this piece from my luggage in an airport.

May:
In May I flew to San Diego to take a workshop with Cas Holmes,
a mixed media artist from the UK.  She is the author of "The Found Object".
I am a great admirer of her work.
I left San Diego and flew up to Monterey, California, and met Tim.
He was a speaker at the eg. conference.

I got to meet Amy Tan!

Afterward we rented a convertible and meandered down Highway One.

I have taken this road trip numerous times but never with Tim.
It is one of my favorite places on earth.



...and the work continues
toward the end of May I traveled to the Crow Timberframe barn in Ohio to 
study with Carol Soderlund.  Two weeks of intensive dye study.  Great.


Carol is a gem.  A wonderful teacher and human.

Color Color Color!


Week 2 was all about neutrals.  

In early June I traveled to Fort Collins Colorado to tape a couple of episodes of
The Mixed Media Workshop with Julie Fei-Fan Balzer and Jenn Mason.

We had a blast!
June:

Mid-June brought a show opening in San Antonio that I was honored to be a part of.

The second half of the year is to follow!













No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Please drop me a line!