Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Introducing: 8 That Create!



For a while now I have been dreaming of working with a diverse group of artists who are interested in seeking out, organizing and creating venues for group exhibits both in person and online.   And so towards the end of last year, Jane DavilaJamie FingalGloria Hansen, Sue BleiweissLiz KettleCarol SloanKathyanne White and I teamed up to form 8 That Create.   Our mission is to support each other in our individual artistic journeys and to provide inspiration to others through our group exhibitions, publications, website and blog.  

We’re already starting to prepare for our first live group exhibition for later this year (details on that later) and we’re working on an online exhibition of work around the theme “empty spaces” which will debut in March.  We’ll be blogging about our 8 That Create initiatives on our group blog here.   We’re all very excited about our group and we’re looking forward to sharing our journey with everyone!

This is such an exciting beginning for the new year.  I feel that this collaboration will greatly enrich my artistic life.
I hope you will come along for the ride!

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic Leslie, will wait with baited breath to see the exhibitions! All the best for the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an exciting endeavor for the new year! Love the blog - you have a diverse group of talented artists. I'm looking forward to seeing more about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much. We are excited about the possibilities, too!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers! Please drop me a line!