Saturday, November 5, 2011

Sketchbook Challenge at Make-It-University!


If you were in Houston, you might have seen some of us today in the Make-It-University area doing the  Sketchbook Challenge Round Robin workshop!  We taught from 1:15 to 2:15 this afternoon in Make-It-University in the exhibitor's area of the International Quilt Festival.  If you signed up to participate in the workshop, you were one busy person!  We gave each participant a goodie bag filled with wonderful mixed-media items.
After this workshop, Jamie and I worked in Open Studios.  I love having people stop by and visit.  I demonstrated more gelatin plate monoprinting and had a lot of fun talking to all that stopped by.
Woo Hoo!
Here are two shots of the fast-paced MIU event:

I wish I had been able to take more photos during this wild event!  I know others did (hello Sue Bleiweiss) and when I am able, I will add more shots.  Four instructors demoed a different technique.  Students had about 12 minutes at each station.  Crazy fun!  We did gelatin plate monoprinting on 2 types of paper and 2 types of cloth.  The students got some amazing prints using a variety of unconventional tools.  You know me:  what did you expect?  Something "normal"?!



7 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had fun. I think we all had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was fun! I never even was able to turn and look at what you or your students were doing! geez. it flew by. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same here, Jane. It blew by so quickly I couldn't even look up at what everyone else was creating. Super fun, wasn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was one of the lucky ones to make the lottery and get in class. I had a fabulous time. I had just taken a class in mono-printing and, in spite of the time challenge, did much better this second attempt. It was really, really fun. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaaack! I signed up but wasn't lucky enough to get in. There were SO MANY people signed up for this particular Make-It-U event. Looks like you all had a fabulous time. Maybe next year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was pretty wild. Glad you had fun, Sandra, and sorry you weren't in there getting crazy with the rest of us, Linda.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers! Please drop me a line!