Saturday, November 5, 2011

Images from Quilt Festival

Greetings from the lobby of the Hilton Americas in Houston TX.  I have had some technical difficulties during my stay (read:  I can't get on the internet in my room and I am too tired to come down to the lobby at night!) so I am waaaay behind in posting.
It has been a very exciting and busy festival.  This is my first experience as faculty for the Houston show.  I can't say enough wonderful things about the two days of classes Jamie and I taught together (Thursday and Friday).  Our students were awesome, full of creative energy and fun.  We are about to teach at Make-It-University and Open Studios this afternoon.  The Sketchbook Challenge Round Robin workshop is going to be fabulous!

Here are a few scenes (and you know I will post more as soon as I am able):
The art of spoonology: Lisa Ellis in-training

Wednesday morning:  a field trip to InSight optical, an annual excursion!

We Like.

Wednesday afternoon:  my QSOS interview (done by Jamie) for the orientees 
for the Alliance for American Quilts' project in conjunction with
Lone Stars III:  Texas Quilts from 1986-2011
I have 3 pieces in the book!

My mug-shot for the interview, which will be archived in the Library of Congress


Opening night:  L-R Kathy York, Sherri McCauley, Jamie Fingal, and myself
posing in front of our Tactile Architecture entry, "Artist Village".
We are thrilled at the way it was installed for the show.  Woo Hoo!


?  I have no explanation.
It seemed like a good idea at the time!

Kathy York with her gorgeous quilt in Quilt Festival/Quilt Scene magazine!

The "girls" strike a pose at a Dinner At Eight dinner.
Judy Coates Perez, Kathy York, and Frances Holiday Alford in background

More spoonology:  L-R Rachel Parris, Sherri McCauley, and Jane LaFazio

4 comments:

  1. I think the mug shot should be your new facebook profile! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could never get my spoon to stick ... must have a cold nose (but doesn't that mean a warm heart?) Love your mug shot, Leslie, and also your fresh new blog header!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thx, Linda! I have no idea why I got better at spoon balancing this year. If I figure it out, I'll tell you!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers! Please drop me a line!