Sunday, November 7, 2010

More Houston Memories

I'm posting a few more fun images from my time in Houston at the International Quilt Festival.  It is always a letdown to wrap another year at festival.  It has come to mean so much more than seeing the amazing quilts:  it is a gathering of the sisterhood of women that have bonded to one another.  Many of these women are far away from one another and, although we are in frequent contact via email and phone, many of us only see each other at festival.  All the more reason to pack as much laughter, conversation, and all-around fun (and the occasional heart-to-heart conversation) into our time together.
I had two photographs juried into "Eye of the Quilter".
The middle image on the left is of my daughter on our patio.

This image is of my youngest daughter while hiking through a forest north of Vancouver BC.

I believe Judy Coates Perez (left) and Melly Testa are imitating squirrels.

The B&W triplets:  l-r Maggie Winfield, Jamie Fingal, and Rachel Parris

This is, hands-down, the best image of loving friends I have ever seen.
Jamie Fingal took this photo.  I think it is very special.

Helen Gregory & Pokey Bolton (Quilting Arts) crack up at the Gala On The Green event.

Dinner in the glass room @ Spencers
L-R:  Michelle Flores, Christine Adams, Rachel Parris, Jamie Fingal, Carol Sinnreich, Frances Holliday Alford, Lesley Riley, Judy Coates Perez, and Melly Testa

Lesley & Melly demonstrate their spoon-skills while Judy looks on.

This sums it up very well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Please drop me a line!