For the last 2 weeks I have been very busy. I have avoided, avoided, AVOIDED the inevitable task of doing a deep sorting, culling, and reorganizing my studio space. For the last 3 years I have been rushing from deadline to deadline, repacking for the next class or adding yet another strata of mess while working on a new piece. This is my confession!
After finishing the latest set of projects I forced myself to begin this project. My rule was that I had to look at every single thing in the studio. I decided to separate all the things that I no longer use, including tools, threads, and even (gasp) fabrics. Ugh!
Some "before" shots: stuff piled everywhere, both on top of and below my work table(s).
Here is one of the new tables, under-construction.
The electric, adjustable-height table goes from traditional height to 60 inches! Woo Hoo!
starting to clear....
my Horn table with sewing machine
I removed my old, much-larger studio sofa and replaced with this one from another part of the house.
I built these new, awesome vertical shelves for books,
as well as another for copy paper and other supplies
The new supply shelves are industrial metal on heavy-duty casters
I used one foot sections of R-Max covered with silk and spaced between cork boards
to create this set of bulletin boards for my long hallway into the studio!
Much more to come, but this is a taste of what I am doing right before I leave for Quilt Market/Festival!