Monday, March 15, 2010

Los Angeles, Day 3: Hollywood Farmers' Market


I love the Hollywood Farmers' Market.  You can find anything there.  If I had a market as wonderful as this one I might never go to a grocery store again!  I wandered through the market with Karen & Alissa.  We bought items for dinner, and I visited my favorite stall at the market, Roots Brothers.
this seems to be a popular fashion:  shorts with Wellies.
I saw them everywhere.

We spent a lazy afternoon at Alissa's house, helping her set up and begin sewing.  Using strips of muslin, we encouraged her to "just sew".  She seems to have the hang of it!
Here is some gorgeous cloth I purchased from Sew LA
etsuke furuya designed this 50/50 cotton/linen Japanese cloth for KOKKA

Alissa cooked a lovely dinner for us, and eventually took us back to our hotel.  Tomorrow, Karen leaves for Kansas City and I drive to Orange to jury "Beneath the Surface" and work on another project in Jamie's studio.

I spotted this cute little vintage Cooper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Please drop me a line!